So now that the bed is off, the maintenance can begin.
#1, rear tank runs out of fuel at ¼ tank. Pulled the sending unit and sure enough, the strainer has broken off the bottom!
Pulled the front sending unit because it always read empty, and found a cracked float full of diesel
(float already removed)
Sending units for the diesels are pretty pricey, but fortunately, parts are not! So i ordered a new float for the front, and strainer for the back off Amazon, and got them both fixed
Next up was to remove the front spring hangars as they are toast
From there i needle-scaled, wire-wheeled, and then primed the whole back half of the frame
And then yesterday i finally got a coat of paint on it!
main site/photo gallery:
Sort by Topic