So I got the front 3rd cleaned & painted. Also of note is the drain plug I added. New seals for it sitting on the work bench, which ill slap in once I start putting it all together.
Got delayed by yesterday's freak snowstorm, so this morning we got the bronco moved from her resting place up to the driveway
Looks like tomorrow im going to a friend's house to grab a set of 'B' Code rear Superduty leafs from him. Then hopefully Monday I can pull whats left of the 302 out of the truck, and then bring her inside so the rebuild can begin!
So i salvaged the F250's ubolt plates, and the oem blocks from it as well. Got em blasted and now theyre sitting in a fresh coat of primer.
Pulled the massive sway bar off the 10.25. Going to clean it up and save it, but not planning on installing it; just keeping it in case i want it later on.
Got the rear needle-scaled, wire wheeled, and painted too. Ignore the rusty diff cover, thatll be getting replaced with a new one when the axle goes in.
I was gonna start cleaning the front diff, when i remembered we have a bigass parts washer with agitator at work, so im bringing that in to soak all night while im working.
Tomorrow a couple buddies are coming by after work, and we're going to bring the bronco up from its space in the stones, to the garage door so i can yank whats left of the motor, and then bring the truck inside for the rebuild!
I brought the rear into the garage to pop a drum off, and check condition of brakes. Needed to see if it had the 2½" or 3" shoes, condition of hardware etc. The drum didn't come off too well, but once it did come off, I was greeted with this:
New brakes! The wheel cylinders look like death from the outside so they'll be getting replaced, but the shoes (3") & all hardware are all damn near new.
So this is where i left off for the weekend:
10.25 ready to be stripped, and the front 3rd waiting for a chance to be degreased. Hope to start prepping both of these tomorrow morning after work.
So yesterday after messing with the knuckles and caliper mounts, I pulled the drive shafts & tcase, then pulled the front clip, and yanked out the motor/trans
main site/photo gallery:
Sort by Topic