So i managed to remove the seat brackets, but it wasnt easy.
Both bolts came out of the passenger side bracket, but both bolts broke off on the driver side. Theyve both been drilled out at this point, but ill still need to run a tap down the holes.
I lifted the rubber mat, and found it was wet. The cardboard was moldy, and the jute was soaked! The floor is rusty and damp. Not good.
So now the whole interior is coming out!
Mostly surface rust, but i did find a couple holes, like this one for example:
The rear belt bolts were super stubborn, i ended up stripping both of these out
They came out with some persuasion though. Im going to have to find replacement bolts i suppose!
I also got the front stripped as well, this looks a lot better!
So that pretty much catches me up. This week i need to clean the interior real well and then i can begin the rust repair. I see at least 3 spots in the back that will need patching, hopefully thats all of it.
main site/photo gallery:
Sort by Topic