Ok, finally had time to update this!
I havent made as much progress as id have liked; was trying to get some yard projects done before winter really sets in. Which are now done, so here we go!
So in the front-end, i got my new ram mount made & installed:
This is a 1¼" OD tube clamp i picked up from ECGS:
I made a tab out of 1/2" plate to weld to it:
My shocks finally came in the mail, Bilstein 7100s
Of course, they are just a tad bit longer than the 5125s, and with the heavy bumper/winch up front, it sits a bit lower now. So i have to redo the shock mounts. Cant go up on the uppers, so i have to go down on the lowers. So i cut the original mount off the arm:
Got some 3/8" plate, and i found some 1", ¼ wall tubing at the scrap steel yard which is perfect for a ½" bolt:
Mocked up, ~2" lower than before:
So this gets me 5" up (bump stopped at 4") & 9" down which should work out well.
From there all that was left do to, was a front-end alignment! With that done, the front end is now complete!
Next up is to finish rebuilding that rear axle...
main site/photo gallery:
Sort by Topic