Mocked up a bumper bracket in cardboard:
Plan is to have a shackle mount part of the bracket and pass thru the front plate, like i did on the rear:
...and duplicated! Built them out of 3/8" plate like i did for the rear, which is pretty time consuming!
Welding them to the center plate:
Laying out for bumper bolts. Im reusing 3 holes in the frame, plus adding two more.
Drilling 1/2" holes in 3/8" plate kind of sucks!
Which gets us to yesterday. Shes officially bolted on!
I can already tell, this thing is gonna be heavy!
Tomorrow im going to start laminating the shackle tabs, to get that done and over with before the bumper gets too heavy to easily move around. Once thats done ill start working on the corners.
main site/photo gallery:
Sort by Topic