Got some work done on the D70!
My old disc brake caliper brackets were in sorry shape and needed replaced. I wanted to stay bolt-on, but this particular D70 came out of a dually, and as such i could not find a set of bolt-on brackets with the correct offset, so i opted to use weld-on caliper brackets from RuffStuff:
New lower shock mounts to replace my rock-bashed ones, also from RuffStuff:
Everything painted and ready for reassembly!
I ordered repair sleeves for the spindles. You can see the groove in the seal surface, and this is the good side!
This looks much better:
So with that done, the rear is now back together!
The calipers are adjusted, but i havent bled the brakes yet. In this pic the old calipers are still hanging off the springs, bt they have since been removed, and my stainless flex lines are connected to the new calipers. Also waiting on parking brake cables from Lokar which are supposed to arrive Monday, so hopefully by Wednesday/Thursday both axles will be 100% done!
I also got the rear shocks installed, along with my anti-wrap bar:
We're actually getting pretty close now, i think this is all thats left:
That actually might be all of it! We're in the end game now!
main site/photo gallery:
Sort by Topic