Got a TTB coil to compare the Superlift coils to. Yeah, something isn't right
Talked to JBG. They said every set they have is made the same way. In agreement they wont work. So I shipped them back today for a full refund.
So now I need coils for the front. Well, since I got those SD leafs from Steve I said screw it, and ordered the 2.5" kit from Tuff Country.
So yeah, TTB is back out
Sucks because i could have had the front end done today, and now im gonna have to wait until next week I guess, when the kit arrives. Thinking for now ill start removing the 4WABS.
TTB is hung once more!
Not shown in that pic, is the 4.10 D50 chunk bolted in, along with the front dshaft hooked back up.
Chevy vs. Ford stub shaft:
(Ford on top)
D.side shafts installed, modified knuckles with new balljoints, adjustable camber bushings, and the chevy spindle
Then I got stalled out. Not sure whats going on here.
Here is my brand new Superlift leveling coils from Bronco Graveyard. This pic does not do it justice; the lower coil retainer will pull right thru the bottom wrap on the spring:
Its as if the coils were made wrong. I guess ill have to call JBG Monday and see what they have to say.
So Monday I went to town, and yanked my new(er) motor out of the donor truck. Moving an engine hoist around on a snow covered driveway in single digit weather sucks!
Today I pushed the truck down into the stones where it can sit til spring; the bed, once painted, will go on my F250. Plus, spare rear with 4.10s! I listed the other ('90) 351 on CL and got several offers on it, so that will probably be sold with the next week.
So Tuesday I got back at the bronco, and got the passenger side cleaned & painted
Then today after moving the F250, I went to town on the TTB, and the D50 inner shafts
I will probably be working on a coworkers truck tomorrow, but if not, I will split the TTB shafts apart for prep & paint. After that, ill finally be ready to start putting parts back on the bronco!
Special thanks to Steve for finding this gem, that i snagged up & drug home during a snowstorm yesterday
The time has come to start really tearing into the bronco's front end, so here we go!
Stripped down both sides and yanked knuckles off
So many parts missing!
Cleaned up the driver side and painted! Shame im gonna have to bolt the TTB back into this!
Tomorrow I hope to get the passenger side cleaned & painted, and if im lucky, get the pivot bushings replaced.
Got my rear diff cover the other day. OEM Ford piece ('08 Superduty), same one I run on my F250:
Degreased it, then shot it with some clear so it wont corrode. Did the same on the cover on my F250, and that's looking good years later.
Also, more parts!
These are B-Code Superduty leafs, that I picked up off an old friend Saturday.
main site/photo gallery:
Sort by Topic